I think it’s been two weeks since I updated! November has gone by so fast. Lee was in NC this week to defend his doctoral thesis. It went well and we’re excited about going back to NC for his graduation in a few weeks. The boys wrapped up a good week of school and are excited to be out next week to celebrate Thanksgiving (well, David is excited; James will ask for school 100 times between now and when he gets to go back). Here are my favorites from what I read this week!
- The title of this has Jen Hatmaker in it, but it isn’t about Hatmaker. It’s about “The benefits and challenges of women’s ministry in the age of bestsellers, viral blog posts, and inspirational conferences.” Everyone should read it, especially pastors: The Bigger Story Behind Jen Hatmaker.
- For Orphan Sunday, I wrote about how churches can support struggling adoptive families.
- I really love the enneagram. God is using it in my life and the lives of so many of our friends. This post from CT is good if you want to learn more: An Evangelical’s Guide to the Enneagram.
- Teri Lynne released her gift guide for teenage girls. There’s a couple things her list I’d put on my Christmas list!
- And two from TGC I want to bookmark to read again and again: Sisters, Jesus Is Not Your Cheerleader and The Most Revolutionary Thing a Woman Can Do.
I read Today Will Be Different for my book club (affiliate link). It was a cute, easy read. With Lee out of town I didn’t get much more reading in this week.
From My Bible
The floods have lifted up, O Lord,
the floods have lifted up their voice;
the floods lift up their roaring.
Mightier than the thunders of many waters,
mightier than the waves of the sea,
the Lord on high is mighty!
Hope you have a wonderful weekend and a blessed Thanksgiving next week! I’m working on big projects for the end of December I’m excited to share with you soon!