From blog reading:
- Recipe I can’t wait to try- southwestern egg rolls with avocado ranch from Budget Savvy Diva
- From Simple School, 6 homeschooling misconceptions erased. I was especially encouraged by the discussion about children’s reading abilities. My son is a struggling reader, and homeshooling him helps him fall in love with reading instead of being embarrassed by his lack of skills.
- Kelly Langston has good news for special needs parents stressed about all the therapies they need/want for their kids. She says one therapy is the greatest: love.
- Lindsey Carlson writes for TGC about a phrase that enslaves moms, “Just wait.” It isn’t encouraging and it isn’t helpful.
- If you’ve been thinking about writing an ebook (and you really should be thinking about it!), this online course “From Idea to Ebook” (affiliate link) is for you! It’s ten weeks of information you’ll be able to access at anytime. I’m going to sign up and I hope you do too.
Since it’s our anniversary week and 1 John is on my current reading list, this verse from 1 John that Lee and I used on our wedding favors seems appropriate, “We love because he first loved us” (4:19).
From book reading:
“The child of God knows that the graced life calls him or her to live on a cold and windy mountain, not on the flattened plain or reasonable, middle-of-the road religion.” – The Ragamuffin Gospel