- In Praise of the Low-Minded Christian by Jared Wilson. Let’s not be too hard on those Christians we see as not as cool or not as smart as we are. “It is reverse pharisaism. It is, ‘I thank you, God, that I’m not like that lame, religious guy over there,’ which is anti-grace, anti-gospel, and anti-christ.”
- Freezer Cooking from the Pioneer Woman. We’ll spend the rest of August and September praying for a referral and I’ll be nesting. Part of nesting is getting freezer meals ready for the transition to being a family of five!
- Dear friends of waiting adoptive moms: some things to know (also, we’re sorry) from Wonderment, Etc. Just replace each “she” with “Sandra” and love me anyway. Please.
- Ten Things Pastors Like Least about Their Jobs from Thom Rainer. I think every pastor has felt the pain of each one!
- 5 Back to School Tips for Your Special Needs Child from The MOM Initiative. We have less than two weeks to go until James heads to his autism support class!
- 5+ Tips and Resources for for Special Needs Homeschool Planning from Caroline at Under God’s Mighty Hand
7 The law of the Lord is perfect,
reviving the soul;
the testimony of the Lord is sure,
making wise the simple;
8 the precepts of the Lord are right,
rejoicing the heart;
the commandment of the Lord is pure,
enlightening the eyes;
9 the fear of the Lord is clean,
the rules of the Lord are true,
and righteous altogether.
10 More to be desired are they than gold,
even much fine gold;
sweeter also than honey
and drippings of the honeycomb.
11 Moreover, by them is your servant warned;
in keeping them there is great reward.
I did very little book reading this week with Lee out of town. At the beginning of the week I finished up an editing job and then I had a Harry Potter movie marathon. It was awesome.