- The Gospel Coalition does a series on books people are reading and this week they featured one of my favorites, Nancy Guthrie.
- Greg Lucas, The God Who Goes Before You for Not Alone Parents: “And when we grow old or when we die, when we can no longer care for the child we have cared for all these years, it is the Lord who will provide whatever your child may need. He loves your child more than you could ever love them. And He loves you more than you will ever be able to comprehend. He has great plans for you and your child, now and in the future. (1 Corinthians 2:9)”
- Study Suggests a Special Needs Child Is the Most Important Friend Your Kid May Ever Make from Shine on Yahoo
- How to Make School Better for Boys from The Atlantic
- Micha Boyett is traveling to Guatemala with World Vision this week and taking us with her.
- I wrote on my editing site about how I became an editor and advice to others who may want to become freelance editors.
From the Bible:
I studied Luke 11 this week with my Sunday school class. Such a rich chapter. “And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.” (vv. 9-10, NLT)
“The reason for your entire salvation, the design behind your deliverance, the purpose for which God chose you in the first place is holiness.” –The Hole in Our Holiness by Kevin DeYoung (affiliate link)