It’s Orphan Sunday, a day the church prays for orphans around the world and talks about ways to serve them and the families who turn orphans into sons and daughters. For our Click Here post this week, I’ve rounded up some resources if you’re interested in adopting or supporting families who are in the process. I think I can speak for us all when I say what we need most is your prayers!
- Teri Lynne shares “There Are No Orphans of God” and ways you can serve orphans in your town or around the world.
- Ashley Wells is mom to four foster kids who are close to having their adoption finalized. She likened this time in her family’s life to the third trimester of pregnancy. Would you lift her up in prayer today? So many of us know the weariness of waiting.
- Casey Chappell, mom to five kids via adoption, is in the middle of a series on adoption. She’s answering lots of questions and helping readers think through issues related to adoption and orphan care.
- If you’re thinking about international adoption, Lauren Casper breaks down the costs and gives ideas for how to afford it in her post, “Let’s Talk Money.” Lots of great ideas.
- To help guide your family in prayer for orphans, you can request a free advent calendar from Lifesong for Orphans. We’re looking forward to using it in December!
I mentioned last week that we were going to be up to our elbows in pork BBQ as we sold sandwiches as an adoption fundraiser. Well, it went great! We met our fundraising goal! This week we’ll write checks for the final fees in this stage of our adoption. Our next step is to finish up paper work ASAP and then pray the six month wait after that doesn’t actually take six months.