- I’ve been quite the Meyers-Briggs nerd lately. I can’t get enough. Even if the INTJs listed on all the charts are people like Draco Malfoy (Harry Potter), Palpatine (Star Wars), and O’Brien (Downton Abbey). Lisa Spence and I will redeem the INTJs of the world though, don’t worry. I’d also like to figure out my Enneagram number, after reading this post from Hopeful Leigh.
- Are you ready to start Christmas shopping? Or, like me, do you also have lots of family birthdays between now and Christmas? Fellow adoptive mom Leigh has put together a list of places you can shop that give back to their communities or ministries.
- Speaking of Christmas, if you’re making your list, you may like this tea print on Etsy. You can get it in different colors, but the yellow one is my favorite. I also searched Etsy for “you are my sunshine” and pretty much want everything I saw.
- I really enjoy the interaction I have with readers on Facebook. In fact, for our books (Speechless and Held), I decided not to create a new website, but to continue to build a Facebook community. It’s tough though with all the changes Facebook goes through. This week I read “Invest in Your Website, Not Your Facebook Page” from Design by Insight and “Disillusioned with Facebook: Here’s a Way Forward” from ProBlogger and both were helpful.
- Speaking of Facebook, we took a little vote yesterday on which StitchFix top I should keep. The Instagram crowd voted for #2 but the Facebook crowd agreed with me on #1. This was my 7th fix and it’s still so much fun! If you want to check it out, here’s my referral link.
I wanted figure out my son David’s personality type, so I checked Nurture by Nature (affiliate link) out from the library. I’m an INTJ, my husband is an ENFJ, and it looks like David is an INFJ. Reading about his personality type helped me think about ways we can encourage his creative strengths.
From the Bible:
One of the women at Joel’s school who I’ve been communicating with sent me the verse she’s praying for him: “And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love surpasses all knowledge – that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God” (Ephesians 3:18). I’ve been praying it with her. We’re sending off the I-800A today and are praying the government processes it quickly so we can get the entire dossier to China and wait for our travel date!