- Chad Allen did a podcast with Jonathan Milligan (Blogging Your Passion), “How to Blog Your Way to a Best Selling Book.” I enjoyed it and it looks like Blogging Your Passion discusses lots of topics I think are interesting. I added them to my podcast list.
- I love this 2nd-grader’s cure for playground loneliness. He had his school put in a buddy bench. I wonder if we can adapt this for our churches? What about a pew where the ushers sit people who look like they may need a friend. Or a table at your next women’s event where visitors sit with someone in your church who has a gift for making others feel comfortable.
- Kat from Inspired to Action is sharing 7 steps to making 2014 your best year yet. Kat is always so encouraging and challenging.
- I’m sharing gifts for readers and writers over at Next Step Editing.
- Allison Vesterfelt shares a reason you may be discouraged or depressed. Even if you don’t feel that way, the questions she shares are good to think about as we head to a new year.
I started Smart but Scattered this week , hoping to help my big boy be more organized and focused. I’m already learning about his strengths and weaknesses, now I’m ready to make a plan to help.
From my Bible:
This time of year I love reading about three of my favorite biblical women: Elizabeth, Mary, and Anna.
In those days Mary arose and went with haste into the hill country, to a town in Judah, and she entered the house of Zechariah and greeted Elizabeth. And when Elizabeth heard the greeting of Mary, the baby leaped in her womb. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit, and she exclaimed with a loud cry, “Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb! And why is this granted to me that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold, when the sound of your greeting came to my ears, the baby in my womb leaped for joy. And blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her from the Lord.” -Luke 2:39-45