We survived Spring Break! Shew! It felt like a long week but is was a fun week.
- A new way to judge a book: start by reading page 112. Sounds like an interesting plan. If I’m going to quit reading a book, I stop before 112, so maybe I need to flip there first to see if I would like it.
- We aren’t in a small apartment now, but this is advice we could have used when we were—How to Be Generous with Your Small Apartment
What Is An Enough List And How it Helped Me Enjoy Everyday from Storyline
- Since I wrote a series on self-care for the special-needs mom, I had to read this from Desiring God: The Insanity of ‘Self-Care’
- Stephanie from Not Alone wrote about those days you don’t have anything fun/cool/interesting to post on Instagram or Facebook. The normal days. Joy in the Mundane
- My favorite of the week because I can relate to it so much: “You May Be More Like ‘Other Women’ Than You Think” by Shannon Hodde Miller at her.meneutics
I read A Man Called Ove this week. I don’t think I’m giving too much away to say it’s about an older, lonely man who is trying to kill himself but keeps getting interrupted by neighbors. I loved it. For my birthday I got Habits of Grace and Letters and Life: On Being a Writer, on Being a Christian. I’m excited to start both.
From the Bible:
Lots from Job this week.
“For he will complete what he appoints for me,
and many such things are in his mind.” Job 23:14