October may be my favorite month. We’re in a good routine. There are no major holidays to schedule around. The weather is pretty much perfect. And anywhere I drive around our home in rural PA reminds me why I love living in rural PA. Here’s my October to-do list, filled with lots of my favorite things in my favorite month!
- Eat candy corn and salted peanuts. I believe 3 peanuts to 1 piece of candy corn is the perfect ratio.
- Keep up with 31 Days of Books for Writers on my editing site.
- Paperwork, home study, paperwork, paperwork, fundraiser, paperwork—all with the picture of our son in my mind.
- Drink local apple cider.
- Figure out the audio book app my library uses. I’ve attempted it before and failed. May have to ask for help from the library big-wigs instead of the volunteer ladies at the front desk.
- Read lots and lots of posts from those participating in The Nester’s series. A few I’m especially excited about: 31 Days of Quotes about Creativity, 31 Days of Living Well, 31 Days of Adoption, Make Learning Fun, 31 Days of Blessed Chaos, and Living In Between.
- IEP for James! First one with his new teacher and team.
- If/When the government shut-down ends, we’re heading to the zoo in DC to celebrate David’s 8th birthday.
- Read A Million Little Ways, Free to Learn, East of Eden, and The True Secret of Writing (affiliate links).
- Mail out copies of Held to bloggers.
- Continue to dominate my fantasy football league. I’m 4-0 with the highest point total. Wonder if I’ll end the month in the top spot?
What are you up to in October?